I have had a blast taking Marketing 455 with Professor Atkins. At times it may have been frustrating with the workload but at the end it was a great learning experience. I can take everything I learned in this class and apply it to whatever I pursue in the future. The market is changing and I believe this class helped me learn about the change. Online and mobile are such huge role players now for businesses it is smart to understand their functions and what role they can play in a businesses marketing plan. I learned how effective SEO and SEM could, how to understand metrics, how to properly use email marketing, what a professional video can do, and much much more! Thanks Professor Atkins!
Seth Godin is a marketing guru, what else is there to say? One thing I took away from the video I am sharing is be in the now, what’s now is important don’t wait for the next thing. Enjoy the art of Marketing with Seth Godin
With the internet changing and mobile becoming a huge player in internet usage, marketers are finding mobile a little bit of a headache when it comes to marketing strategies. Check out the article I stumbled upon on my favorite website, you guessed it, MASHABLE. It’s a good read on the problems marketers are currently facing on the mobile platform and may help you in the future with your mobile marketing endeavors. Click the title for the article!
- Keep your website simple! A simple landing page makes it easy for a site visitor to navigate through your site and get exactly what they want. Having too many distractions like an over use of photos or banners can direct potential costumers away and make them lose focus of what you want them to do on your page.
- Help visitors find what they want! Make navigation through your site simple.
- Guide them in what to do! Give them a call to action! Join, Add, Download, Visit! Make them be interactive with your site while also keeping it simple!
- Build Trust! Potential clients are going to look for reviews about your product, make it simple for them! Share it on the site and show them how trustworthy you are as a company. Communicate with clients!
- Use Real pictures! A picture is worth a thousand words. Visitors can tell whether or not a photo is authentic or not to the site. Why lie to them? Share who and what your story is through real photos, it makes a difference.
Both are strong tools for your marketing arsenal but utilizing them both can benefit a companies online presence and brand recognition! Enjoy the infograph video, I did. I really do get a kick out of these things.
With the tips from the last post, why not share some tips about the new Advertising platform on the world’s largest online community. Facebook now features a video feature for advertisers to use to target potential consumers over and through Facebook. Click the link for the tips!
This is a great opportunity for all businesses, large or small, to have the potential to reach consumers through Facebook with video marketing. Facebook’s targeting makes it a lot easier for marketers to specifically reach their target markets. Create those quality video ads and run them on Facebook.
Roni Ramos, the co-owner of Harmony 3 Productions, visited my Internet Marketing class several weeks back and gave us some insight on video marketing and how to produce quality videos for a business. I would love to share some of that with you here.
- “On average visitors will stay on a website 2 minutes longer when they watch a video”
- 4 types of video a company can use: product demos, testimonials, company profiles, and video series
- There are many important factors that can increase the quality of a companies video marketing: planning shots, lighting, image stability, attire, and sharing.
What I gained from this is simple, when using video marketing for any business, take time with your production and create quality content. The quality of a companies video reflects its character and effort. Stay tuned because the next post is about video marketing on what may be your favorite social media platform!
I am a huge fan of Mashable and they always post very insightful post on all things marketing. Email marketing has been a huge topic in many of my marketing classes and is a very important marketing channel. Email marketers should treat this channel just as serious as any other and keep up with the fast and constant change of information for email marketers. Here is a link to some good tips for email marketing.
2014 is a huge year of opportunity for marketers in the United States and around the world. With sport events such as the Super Bowl, the Sochi Olympics, and the Fifa World Cup, companies have what seems like an endless amount of opportunity to share their message with the world and increase brand awareness. I recently stumbled upon an infograph comparison of marketing potential between the Super Bowl and the World Cup and how the World Cup is much more affordable and can potentially reach more people through marketing efforts. Check it out below.
Not only is this an opportunity for television marketing efforts, it is an opportunity for online advertising. Online streaming for events such as the Olympics were very popular and will be very popular for the World Cup as well. The World Cup sponsors such as McDonald’s, Visa, and Adidas should also have an online presence during the World Cup! Be where the opportunity is!
I am a young adventurer trying to make it through this journey called life. This space is a memoir of those adventures which may include those of local taste, local sights, and everything that is appealing to my passions. Stay tuned for more in the near future!
Over and out,